Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Hi to my new community out there!

 Welcome to my NEW blog that i have decide to do after I had lots of feedback from family and friends to consider working in the financial sector.



 Now, I'm no accountant, financial advisor or cash cow BUT I HAVE managed to get my family from almost claiming bankruptcy to now living within  our means.


I am hoping that by sharing my experiences of both successes and failures I can help other people in similar situations or even if your money is doing ok, help you improve it and begin to see it really work for you!

I am open to anyone and everyone joining my blog, I also hope to get interviews from inspirational people who can pass on their own advice on how to get ahead. 

While life is always that little bit easier having more money, it is also VERY important to nurture the relationships with those around you. If heaven forbid we lost everything in a house fire, what do we have? The answer?: EACH OTHER.


I can speak from experience here. Several years ago my two gorgeous dogs and  I moved in with my partner of two years. 

One Friday night coming home from work we drove down our street to find what I like to refer to as "an episode of CSI

Fire trucks, several camera crews, emergency services tape blocking off our house and all our neighbors in the street -watching our house burn down.

I don't even remember jumping out of our still moving car. I ran to the house only to be pushed back by a fireman. My dogs were locked inside and i was distraught. I screamed at the fireman "where are my dogs?!"
He replied, "I'm so sorry mam we have not seen any dogs." 
He caught me as i collapsed on the concrete.

A news crew shoved a camera in my face. "Excuse me are you the owner? How do you feel about your house burning down? Are you insured?"
Truly, I could have grabbed their camera and beaten them but lucky for them a police officer managed to grab me and hold me in my hysteria and force the news crew to back off.

There was nothing I could do but watch our home burn with all our belongings and my fur babies inside....

My partner had gone into shock. He just stared at the house in disbelief and waited for his mother and sister to arrive. He was completely oblivious to my distress.

After what felt like eternity, one of the fire crew stumbled through the gate along with my two dogs who while had had a decent amount of smoke inhalation were otherwise unhurt. I have never felt more relief in my life and the tears POURED out of my face!

Someone was watching over me that day. EVERYTHING in the house perished. EXCEPT FOR my dogs, (who had amazingly managed to open the laundry door themselves and get into the courtyard!) our photo albums, which had been moved to the back bedroom which was the least affected and the home movies of my partners young son. 

Experiences like this make you really appreciate the little things in life and that material things can be easily replaced (but its not that hard to live without them either!)

The cause of the fire was believe to be an electric blanket that had been left on. The house burning down really broke open the already forming  cracks in my relationship. He was more concerned with the loss of his material possessions rather than the fact that everyone was alive and safe and that the sentimental stuff was miraculously preserved. Needless to say the relationship didn't last, however it sure made me realise the qualities that are important in a person.

Remember no matter how hard life gets, stick together. There is always going to be a way through even when you think there isn't. You just have to keep persevering. I was exceptionally lucky to have the friends that I did. Solid rocks that supported me through such a trying time. I would have struggled so much more without them.
Life throws us lots of curve-balls  and for some of us those curve-balls get thrown again and again. Hear it from someone who knows, not from just watching our house burn down but from many life experiences. You just have to GET BACK UP AND RE-GROUP.

“A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” 
― John GroganMarley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog

Please head over and "LIKE" my new facebook page http://pimpinmycash.blogspot.com.au/  and keep up to date with ideas and questions. Please feel free to post comments and interact within the site. 
Any comments deemed crude or offensive will be deleted and users will be banned from the site.



No comments: